Miss Fancy Pants Necklace
- Olivine Create Your Style with Crystallized Swarovski Elements bicones (Swarovski), 4mm, 12
- Black onyx rounds (Fire Mountain Gems), 4mm, six
- Metal and glass mini frames (similar frames available from Ranger), 1”, four
- Metal keys, four
- Plastic round letters to spell “fancy g” (available at JoAnn Fabrics)
- Green polyester chain (Beadalon), 18” length
- Silver-plated findings (Beadalon): curb chain medium, 3” length; oval jump rings, 17; swivel lobster clasp; ball-tipped head pins, 18
- Tools (Beadalon): Chain-Nose Pliers, two pairs; Round-Nose Pliers; Wire Cutters
- 1. Select images to fit inside frames. Place glass on images and trace around edge of glass. (Note: Designer used vintage images from a magazine. If you intend to resell your projects, use permission-free images.)
- 2. Use sharp scissors to cut out images.
- 3. Place images inside frames and secure closed.
- 4. Use jump ring to attach lobster clasp to end of polyester chain.
- 5. Create coiled top dangles for each of the beads using ball tip head pins.
- 6. Moving from left to right and using two pairs of chain-nose pliers to open and close rings, attach charms in following order: eight links down attach letter “f ” to chain, adding another jump ring with two olivine crystals and one black onyx bead to front of first jump ring so it hangs over letter, eight links down attach mini frame and small key to polyester chain with oval jump ring. Continue pattern, spelling “fancy.”
- 7. Use oval jump ring to attach 3” silver-plated chain to right end of polyester chain.
- 8. Add letter “g” and two olivine and one black onyx bead as before to exposed end of metal chain.
- 9. Make sure all links are secured.
by Margot Potter for Beadalon