Design Challenge: BC - Remember Matchbook Notepad
- Clean Edge Business Cards (Avery)
- Textured black cardstock
- Halloween Funky Stripe patterned paper (Making Memories)
- Stickers: orange gem (Darice); metal grommet (Mark Richards)
- White paper flower (Scissor Sisters)
- Stamps (Impression Obsession): Block Elements; Word Frames
- Dye ink pads: Adirondack Lights Peach Bellini (Ranger); Memento Tangelo (Tsukineko)
- Craft punches: Scalloped Circle (Stampin’ Up!); 1-3/4” circle; Threading Water edge (Fiskars)
- Heat tool
- Inkssentials White Opaque Pen (Ranger)
- Paper trimmer with perforating and scoring blades
- Double-sided tape, 1/4”
- 1. Cut 2-1/2”x8” patterned paper piece. From one short end, score at 3-1/4”, 3-1/2”, 7-1/4” and 7-1/2”. Fold on score lines.
- 2. Use Threading Water punch to edge punch a piece of black cardstock. Trim scalloped piece to 3/4”x2-1/2” and adhere to inside edge of lower matchbook flap.
- 3. Print “Things to” along short end of cards using word-processing software and optional template at www.avery.com. Be sure text prints vertically.
- 4. Stamp Peach Bellini dots along long edge of each card. Stamp Tangelo “Remember” at top under printed text. Using perforating trimmer blade, perforate each card 3/4” from bottom edge. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to break apart cards.
- 5. Using double-sided tape, tape all cards together at bottom below perforated line. Tape card stack to inside back of matchbook. Tape inside of lower matchbook flap to front of card stack below perforated line. This assembly method allows cards to be torn out of book individually as needed.
- 6. Fold front flap into matchbook slot. Punch scalloped circle from cardstock and regular circle from polka dot side of paper; adhere layers and adhere to matchbook.
- 7. Adhere two flower layers to punched circle. Adhere metal grommet and orange gem to flower center.
by Julie Koerber