Monogrammed Bath Towels
Personalize towels and other fabric accessories with this quick-and-easy spray paint technique.
- Towel set, in color of choice
- Simply Spray Stencil Paint!: Black (or color to coordinate with towels)
- Coordinating ribbon, 1”-wide, 2 yds.
scissors, paper towels, masking tape, washing machine and dryer, plastic tablecloth (to cover work surface)
- Alphabet stencils, 2” tall
- Stencil adhesive spray
- Lightweight cardboard
- Sewing machine and thread
- 1. Wash and dry towels without fabric softener. Protect work area with plastic tablecloth.
- 2. Cut desired letters from stencil sheet, leaving at least 1/8” border. Apply stencil adhesive to stencil backs; position letters on towel. Apply masking tape to secure letters to towel and to mask off areas between stencils. Tape cardboard around edges of stencil to mask remaining towel areas.
- 3. Place towel on plastic tablecloth. Shake Simply Spray can well. (Note: Practice spraying on fabric scrap or paper first if desired.) Spray over top of stencil until desired coverage is achieved. Dab excess paint with paper towel. Remove stencils and let dry.
- 4. Turn ribbon ends under and sew to towels as shown.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.