Black Cat Pumpkin Greeter
- Elmer’s White Foam Board, 20”x28”x3/16”
- Artificial pumpkin or real pumpkin of choice
- Adhesive-backed rhinestones
- Artificial jeweled fabric flower, 1/2”
cutting surface, pencil, sanding block, toothpicks, wooden skewer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO #11 Craft Knife
- Elmer’s Medium-Tip Painters Markers: Black, Gold, Green
- Elmer’s CraftBond Tacky Glue
- 1. Print out patterns. Trace patterns onto foam board.
- 2. Use craft knife and cutting surface to cut out shapes on traced lines. Remove rough or jagged edges by smoothing with sanding block.
- 3. Draw eyes, nose, and whiskers on face using Gold paint marker. Color in shapes, leaving area unpainted for pupils. Let dry. Color in pupils, face, and tail using Black paint marker. Color in bow tie and center of bow tie using Green paint marker. Let dry.
- 4. Line bow tie edges with self-adhesive rhinestones. Adhere fabric flower onto center of bow tie and center of bow tie onto bow tie. Adhere bow tie onto bottom of cat’s face.
- 5. Insert toothpicks into bottom of cat’s head and tail. Remove and spot glue toothpick ends. Reinsert toothpicks into shapes.
- 6. Attach cat’s head and tail into pumpkin by inserting toothpicks into top of pumpkin and side of pumpkin. (Note: If using a real pumpkin, pierce holes with wooden skewer before insertion.)
- 1. When cutting foam board, use the “three cut rule.” Cut once on line creating a light score. Cut again on line to deepen score. Finally, cut again on line all the way through foam board, cutting out shape completely.
by Melony Bradley for Elmer’s