Autumn Candle Wrap
- Simple Stories Harvest Lane Collection Papers: Homespun, Splendor, Red Floral/Antique Dots, Bingo Cards/Yellow Floral
- Simple Stories Harvest Lane Collection Cardstock Stickers: Expression, Fundamental
- Maya Road White Button Trinket Pin
- Melissa Frances Clear Rhinestone
- My Mind’s Eye Red Gem Brads
- Canvas Corp. Twine
- Sage green pillar candle, 3”x6”
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Punches: EK Tools Large Maple Leaf, Fiskars Apron String Border
- Brown ink pad
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam tape, clear dots
- 1. Cut 12”x3” strip of cream dot paper. Cut 1”x12” strip of striped paper; border punch bottom long edge. Sponge paper edges brown.
- 2. Adhere striped strip to back bottom edge of dot strip. Machine-stitch edges of dot strip.
- 3. Wrap strip around candle; secure ends with gem brads, pushing brads straight into candle.
- 4. Using photo as guide, trim autumn bingo card. Adhere red floral tab sticker to top edge. Machine-stitch along bottom edge of tab; adhere to candle wrap.
- 5. Wrap twine twice around candle, tying bow at front. Adhere rhinestone to flower center on tab sticker. Adhere “give thanks” sticker to bottom of bingo card.
- 6. Punch leaf from green gingham paper; sponge edges brown. Machine-stitch vein lines in leaf; insert stick pin. Adhere punched leaf and brown leaf sticker to candle wrap with foam tape.
- 1. Use brads to secure ends of candle wrap so it can be easily removed when candle is burning.
by Jill Cornell