Give Thanks Pinwheel Box
- Spellbinders Delicate Pastels Premium Craft Foil
- Papers: Graphic 45 An ABC Primer Collection Games and Play Time, Grammar School, Happy Go Lucky; Quick Quotes Cherry Truffle 300
- Want2Scrap Burgundy Pearls
- Buttons Galore and More Cream Buttons, four
- Twine: Canvas Corp. Jute, Jillibean Soup Red/Brown Baker’s Twine
- Photos, 2”x3”, five
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge daubers, sanding block
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Shapeabilities Hexagon Pinwheel Top Box, Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents, Parisian Motifs; Nestabilities Leafy Squares, Standard Circles LG, Splendid Circles
- Stamp Sets: StampingScrapping Spellbinders Matching Stamps Label Accents, Gina K. Designs Autumn Beauty, Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels No. 18
- Clearsnap ColorBox Fluid Chalk Cat’s Eye Ink Pads: Deep Green, Dark Moss, Olive Pastel, Pumpkin Spice, Copper, Bronze
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Frayed Burlap Ink Pad
- Helmar Premium Craft Glue
- 1. Die cut/emboss solid hexagon box from Cherry Truffle paper. Before removing paper from die template, use sponge dauber to stencil shape with Frayed Burlap ink; remove die template. Sponge edges Frayed Burlap and set shape aside.
- 2. Die/cut emboss hexagon box from red gingham paper, using triangular decorative elements to create cut-out box sides. Sponge edges Frayed Burlap.
- 3. Layer boxes together so red gingham and red sides are facedown. Fold all arms in on fold lines. Open and adhere bases together, leaving arms free; set aside.
- 4. Die cut/emboss two large Parisian Motifs doilies from cream paper. Sponge edges using various chalk inks in autumn colors. Adhere doilies together back to back. Center and adhere doily to back of box.
- 5. Die cut/emboss three #3 Leafy Squares shapes from cream paper. Stencil each square Frayed Burlap; remove die template. Sponge edges using various chalk inks in autumn colors.
- 6. Using Dark Brown ink, stamp “Happy Thanksgiving” on one square, “Give” on second square, and “Thanks” on third. Adhere three pearls under each sentiment.
- 7. Die cut/emboss three small leaves from Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents set from cream paper. Stencil each leaf with Copper ink; remove die template. Sponge edges with chalk inks; set aside.
- 8. Die cut/emboss three small leaves from Gold foil. Lightly sand shapes. Adhere one paper leaf and one foil leaf to left side of two sentiment squares. Adhere remaining leaves to right side of “Thanks” square. Set aside.
- 9. Die cut photos using Standard Circles LG #3 die. Sand photo edges.
- 10. Die cut/emboss five Splendid Circles #3 from cream paper. Sponge edges with chalk inks. Adhere photos to circles.
- 11. Loosely tie circles together with Brown twine, adding buttons between circles, to create banner. Tie “Give” and “Thanks” sentiment squares to ends of banner with jute.
- 12. Stamp five Deep Green journaling blocks onto ledger paper. Die cut images using Standard Circles LG #3 die. Ink edges Deep Green using direct-to-paper method. Adhere journaling circles to backs of photo circles.
- 13. Carefully fold up banner and place inside box. Fold box top together by folding in one petal at a time, both layers together, in counter-clockwise fashion. Fold each petal under previous petal, tucking petals until all petals are folded in.
- 14. Tie remaining tag around petals with jute.
- 1. To reinforce base of petal box, die cut same shape from a recycled cereal box. Cut arms from box, leaving center hexagon. Adhere cereal board layer between paper shapes.
by Tina McDonald for Spellbinders Paper Arts