Maple Leaf Votive Holders
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Purple, Spanish Olive, 18K Gold
- Glass votive holder, 3”
- Battery-operated tea light
clear craft glue
- Polyform Sculpey Tools: Clay Conditioning Machine or Acrylic Roller, Clay Tool Starter Set, Nature Mini Metal Cutters
- Jacquard Pearl Ex Sunset Gold Powdered Pigment
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages and run separately through clay conditioning machine until soft and pliable.
- 2. Roll 1” Spanish Olive ball and 1” Purple ball separately; add small amount of 18K Gold to each ball. With clay conditioning machine on #1 setting, run each clay ball through machine into thin sheet.
- 3. Use maple leaf cutter to cut out leaves from each color clay. See Photo 1 and Photo 2. (see photos)
- 4. Use needle tool from set to add vein lines on leaves.
- 5. Use finger tip to lightly apply Sunset Gold powder on edges of leaves.
- 6. Carefully press leaves on sides of votive holder. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake holders on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- 7. If leaves become loose, spot glue and adhere on holders. Let dry.
- 1. Good surfaces when working with clay include wax paper, aluminum foil, or a metal baking sheet.
by Iris Weiss for Polyform Products