Big Trees Table Runner
- Natural burlap, 1 yd.
- Blue/yellow print fabric, scrap
- Wool felt: yellow, blue, brown
- Prima Dynasty Flower Centers (536138), five
scissors, ruler, pencil, rotary cutter and self-healing mat, iron and pressing surface, straight pins
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Bigz Leaves Die
- Sewing machine and thread
- Adhesives: The Warm Co. Lite Steam-A-Seam, Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Glue
- 1. Use rotary cutter and mat to cut 50”x14” burlap strip. Use sewing machine to sew zigzag stitch 1/4” from edge to prevent burlap from fraying.
- 2. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse wool felt and fabric scraps to fusible webbing with iron and pressing surface.
- 3. Print out pattern onto cardstock. Cut out pattern. Trace tree on paper side of fused brown felt five times; cut out.
- 4. Use die-cutting machine and Leaves die to die cut four large, medium, and small leaves each from blue, yellow, and print fused fabrics for total of 35 leaves. Remove paper backing and position leaves randomly in place on tree branches. Pin in place. Use iron to fuse leaves on trees, removing straight pins after adhering.
- 5. Use sewing machine and straight stitch to sew around edges of leaves and trees.
- 6. Adhere flower centers onto tree trunks using fabric glue. Let dry.
- 1. If die-cut machine is not available, freehand draw 3-1/2” large, 3” medium, and 2-1/4” small leaf shapes from fused fabrics.
by Melony Miller Bradley