Chic Advent Wreath
- Michaels Wooden Wreath Frame, 18”
- Wilton Favor Tin Mega Kit (25-count)
- K&Co. Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist Collection Deluxe Specialty Paper Pad
- Stickers: K&Co. Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist Collection Clearly Yours Words and Icons; KI Memories Good Tidings Collection Gel Candy Epoxy Stickers, Pop Art Sticker Accents, Softies
- Black rub-on numbers
- Holiday floral pick
- Assorted beads, brads, gems, and buttons
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers (to cover work surface)
- Circle punch, 2”
- Spray finishes: green paint, matte varnish
- Adhesives: double-sided tape, clear dots, glue gun
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper. Spray paint both sides of wreath frame green; let dry completely. Spray wreath with matte sealer; let dry.
- 2. Measure height and circumference of one favor tin, measuring to just beneath lid edge. Cut 24 red paper strips to fit tins; adhere with tape.
- 3. Punch circles from assorted papers to fit tin lids; punch two circles from each pattern in paper pad. Adhere circles to lids with tape.
- 4. Arrange tins around wreath, adjusting as needed until pleased with arrangement. (Note: Do not place identical paper designs next to one another.) Tape tins in place, positioning them tightly against one another.
- 5. Using photos as guides, embellish tins with assorted stickers, beads, brads, gems, and buttons. Adhere dimensional elements with clear dots or glue gun.
- 6. Apply black rub-on numbers to tin lids, numbering tins one through 24.
- 7. Hot glue floral pick to top of wreath, making sure tin lids can still be opened.
- 1. Secure tins with double-sided tape so they can be adjusted on wreath frame as needed.
by Vickie Kammerer