- Jillibean Soup Kraft Cardstock
- Papers: BasicGrey Oxford Collection Frat House, Fancy Pants Designs Off to School Collection Flashcards, Lily Bee Design Memorandum Collection 6”x6” Tiny Tablet
- Melissa Frances Rub-on Sentiment
- Melissa Frances Clear Rhinestones
- My Mind’s Eye Green Button
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Sewing needle
- Punches: EK Tools Dotted Wavy Border; Fiskars Stars, Small and Large
- Clearsnap ColorBox Fluid Chalk Dark Brown Ink Pad
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam tape, clear dots
- 1. Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” kraft side-fold card. Sponge card edges with brown ink.
- 2. Cut one 4-1/4”x1-1/2” strip and one 4-1/4”x1/8” strip from striped paper; be sure stripes run vertically. Sponge strip edges with brown ink. Adhere wide strip near bottom of card front; adhere narrow strip near top.
- 3. Cut 4-1/4”x1” green paper strip; border punch bottom edge and ink edges brown. Adhere border over top edge of lower striped strip as shown.
- 4. Cut kraft cardstock panel to fit between striped strips, slightly overlapping paper edges. Sponge edges with brown ink; adhere to card.
- 5. Machine sew two rows of stitching along left, bottom, and right edges of card as shown.
- 6. Using photo as guide, punch four large stars from assorted papers. Punch two small stars from kraft cardstock. Sponge star edges brown.
- 7. Adhere small stars to two larger stars; add rhinestones. Adhere to opposite corners of kraft panel.
- 8. Apply rub-on sentiment to one remaining star. Sew thread through button; adhere to center of last star with clear dot. Adhere stars to card with foam tape.
- 1. Reimagine this design in winter white or gray cardstock with blue and purple paper stars.
by Jill Cornell