Christmas Sock Wreath
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Wreath with Beveled Face, 12” diameter
- Christmas print socks, five pairs
- Coordinating-color thread
- Ribbon, pompoms, buttons, beads or other embellishments
- Ribbon, 12” length
scissors, ruler, straight pins, sewing needle
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
- 1. Arrange your socks on work surface in pattern for display on wreath.
- 2. Cut 6” length from each sock; cut each tube apart so fabric will lay flat.
- 3. With right sides together, use needle and thread to sew 10 fabric pieces together using 1/4” seams, creating one long strip.
- 4. Sew long running stitch along one long edge of fabric strip. Pull thread to gather edge; this will cover inside edge of wreath.
- 5. Fit gathered fabric edge around inside edge of wreath; pull gathers if needed to fit opening. Pin gathered edge to back of wreath.
- 6. Wrap other edge of fabric around outside edge of wreath, pulling sock fabric to back of wreath. Pin sock in place at back of wreath. If needed, spot glue sock fabric to back of wreath to adhere.
- 7. Decorate wreath with ribbon bow, pompoms, beads, sequins or other embellishments.
- 8. To hang, adhere ribbon loop on back of wreath.
- 1. Substitute heavy-duty fabric adhesive for hot glue gun and sticks.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Co.