Funky Stak Tree
- FloraCraft design featuring Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam The Original Stak Tree, 9"x9"
- Glitter ribbon, 3/8”-wide, 36” lengths: pink, silver, purple
- Silver bottle caps,1” diameter, 16
- Bright buttons, four each: blue, green, 3/4”; pink, purple, 1”
copy paper, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Design Master Color Tool Spray Colors: Olive Bright, Turquoise, Fuchsia, Holiday Red, Purple
- Elmer's White Glitter Shakers
- Elmer’s X-ACTO 6" Precision Tip Scissors
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks; Elmer's CraftBond Tacky Glue, Glue Spots
- 1. Refer to Stak Tree package instructions to separate outer square from rings. (Note: The square will become base with rings inverted and stacked on it.)
- 2. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray base with light coats of Olive Bright. From largest to smallest, lightly spray each ring in order of colors as follows: Turquoise, Fuchsia, Holiday Red, Purple, Olive Bright. (Note: Colors will be more intense with two coats of spray.) Let dry.
- 3. Along bottom of smallest ring, use nozzle of tacky glue to draw thick line of glue, making 1/4”-1/2" “hills” of tacky glue. Sprinkle glue with glitter. Shake ring over copy paper to remove excess; return loose glitter to container. Place ring on plastic bag, with right side up, to dry. Repeat process to apply glue and glitter on each ring; let dry.
- 4. To decorate base, hot glue pink ribbon along top edge, silver ribbon through center, and purple ribbon along bottom edge. Let dry.
- 5. Adhere button on center of bottle cap using glue gun. Attach bottle caps, evenly spaced and centered, along silver ribbon base. Let dry.
- 6. To assemble tree, experiment stacking rings in size order until desired look is achieved. Use glue spots to adhere layers in place.
- 1. Spray rings inside cardboard box to prevent paint from spraying onto work surface or surrounding area.
for Craft Marketing Connections