Rusted Birdhouse Ornament
size: 5” tall
- Wooden birdhouse ornament with rusted roof, 5” tall
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology Kraft Resist Christmas Memories Paper Stash
- Miniature mushroom bird
- Natural excelsior
scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, palette, heat tool, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Rusty Hinge Stain
- Raw umber acrylic paint
- Marvy Uchida White Liquid Appliqué
- Adhesives: liquid glue, glue stick
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper. Paint birdhouse base raw umber; let dry.
- 2. Measure and cut paper panels to fit front, back, and both sides of birdhouse. Rub over paper pieces with Rusty Hinge stain; let dry.
- 3. Use glue stick to adhere paper panels to birdhouse.
- 4. Apply Liquid Appliqué to scalloped roof edges and birdhouse base; let dry. Apply heat tool to Liquid Appliqué to get puffed effect.
- 5. Use liquid glue to adhere excelsior inside birdhouse opening. Adhere bird to perch.
- 1. Try other shades of Distress Stain to create birdhouses in blue, red, or green.
by Vickie Kammerer