Santa Candy Holder
- Recycled Pringles canister and lid
- Paper: red, white, peach, pink
- Fleece: red, 9”x9”; white, 1”x10”
- Jingle bell
- Wiggle eyes, 10mm, two
- Pink pom-pom, 1/2”
- Yellow craft foam, scrap
- Red cording, 12” length
- Black ribbon, 10” length
scissors, ruler, pencil, hole punch, black marker
- Beacon Adhesives: Kid’s Choice! Glue, Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Print out patterns. Trace and cut out patterns from paper and craft foam. Use hole punch to punch two circles from pink paper.
- 2. Cover canister with red paper. With opening and plastic lid on bottom, adhere beard to top of can. Adhere face to beard about 1-1/4” from top of can. Adhere eyes, pom-pom nose, and pink circle cheeks to face. Draw smile with marker. Adhere mustache under nose.
- 3. Adhere black ribbon around can for belt. Adhere yellow buckle to belt.
- 4. Run bead of fabric glue down one side of red fleece square; adhere to opposite side. Slip fleece tube over top of can to face, adding glue. Adhere white fleece rectangle around bottom of hat, adhering on back.
- 5. Thread bell onto red cording; tie around end of fleece hat.
- 6. Open bottom of can and fill with treats.
- 1. Trace and cut out shapes ahead of time if working with younger kids.
by Linda Valentino