- Craft foam: red, white, yellow, purple, orange, blue
- Adhesive-back rhinestones, 1/4”: red, pink
- Notebook rings, 1”, five
- Pink pom-pom, 1/2”
paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), hole punch, scissors, black marker
- Acrylic paints: light pink, dark pink, brown, orange
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print out patterns; trace and cut out patterns from craft foam. Refer to photo and adhere pieces together for each backpack buddy.
- 2. On covered work surface paint backpack buddies as follows. For cat, paint stripes orange, nose and tongue dark pink, and inside of ears and cheeks light pink. For bunny, paint cheeks and inside of ears light pink. For penguin and butterfly, paint cheeks light pink. For dog, paint ears and nose brown, cheeks light pink, and tongue dark pink. Let dry.
- 3. Adhere cat’s head to blue collar; press rhinestones on collar. Adhere pom-pom nose on bunny. Adhere penguin’s beak on face. Press rhinestones on butterfly’s wings and antennae. Let dry.
- 4. Use black marker to outline each backpack buddy with dots. Draw eyes, mouths, and whiskers.
- 5. Use hole punch to punch hole at top of each buddy. For butterfly, punch hole on top of one wing. Insert silver rings through holes.
- 1. Teachers, use the patterns provided to create puppets or reading aides for classroom use.
by Rebecca Spohn