Mousetrap Magnetic Clips
- Wooden mouse trap
- Computer clip art (cow, bull) or scrapbook paper images (butterflies, flowers)
- Newspaper or old book pages
- Adhesive-back rhinestones
- Thin cardboard
scissors, craft knife, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Acrylic paints, in bright colors
- Computer with clip art and color printer
- Plaid Matte Mod Podge
- Adhesives: white craft glue, hot glue gun and sticks
- 1. Use screwdriver to take mousetraps apart, removing everything but metal spring.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint mousetraps in paint color of choice. Let dry. Apply second or third coat for even coverage. Let dry.
- 3. Use computer and printer to print clip art or cut images from scrapbook paper. For cow and bull, designer used clip art from computer and printed two copies of each. For butterflies, designer used scrapbook paper shapes; trace and cut out butterflies from newspaper or old book pages. Layer and adhere butterflies together. Adhere clip art shape onto thin cardboard; cut out designs.
- 4. Adhere images onto mousetraps. Adhere cardboard shapes (for cow and bull) onto mousetraps creating dimensional appearance. Apply layer of Mod Podge on clip art images to seal. Let dry.
- 5. Press rhinestones on flower centers. Adhere flowers onto mousetraps.
- 6. Hot glue magnet onto back of each mousetrap. Let set.
- 1. Die cut shapes from print paper if machine and dies are available.
by Suzy Myers