Vintage Memories Beeswax Tags
- Manila shipping tags: one #1; two #3; four #8
- Patterned: Tea with Jane and Mrs. Foxglove’s Lunch (BasicGrey); Savannah and scalloped-edge cream with blue dots (Autumn Leaves)
- Ribbons: patterned (Autumn Leaves); blue wire-edged (Michaels); small and medium black rick rack; crocheted lace (JoAnn)
- Paper flower (Prima)
- Rhinestone (Darice)
- Small metal key
- Stamps: Script Background (Inkadinkado); Beginnings (Innovative Stamp Creations); Heart, Dream, Floral Background and Oh Happy Day! (The Stamping Studio); Flourish (Autumn Leaves)
- Archival Jet Black ink pad (Ranger)
- Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers (Ranger): Sunshine Yellow; Sunset Orange; Citrus; Sailboat Blue; Hazelnut
- Melt Art supplies (Ranger): Natural Beeswax; Melting Pot; Melting Pot Project Pan
- Extra Strength Glue Stick (Elmers)
- Optional: All-In-One Printer (3210) and Photo Paper (Hewlett-Packard)
- Optional: Adobe Photoshop Elements (Adobe)
- 1. Paint each #8 tag a different color using Paint Dabbers.
- 2. Using photo as a guide, stamp orange and blue tags with Jet Black scroll and text designs respectively.
- 3. Adhere patterned papers to all large tags as shown; trim excess. Stamp Jet Black floral design at bottom of green tag, overlapping patterned paper. Stamp “dream” as shown. Stamp “Beginnings” on yellow tag and “Oh Happy Day” on blue.
- 4. Using Paint Dabbers, paint #1 tag green; stamp Jet Black heart image. Paint one #3 tag yellow and one brown. Stamp Jet Black text on top half of brown tag and scroll on bottom half of yellow tag.
- 5. If desired, scan and print vintage family photos using photo-editing software, or simply use black-and-white photocopies. Crop photos to fit large and small tags as shown and place them on tags; do not adhere them.
- 6. To adhere photographs, follow manufacturer’s instructions to prepare beeswax in Melting Pot. Place Melting Pot Project Pan dedicated to beeswax into your Melting Pot. Set temperature to UTEE setting. Allow wax pellets to fully melt.
- 7. Dip brush into melted beeswax and coat surface of photos using quick strokes. Beeswax will almost immediately start to cool and harden. Use a heat tool to reheat and thin wax on surface if needed. Be sure to extend wax beyond photo edges to seal.
- 8. Place metal key embellishment on small green tag and coat generously with melted beeswax to secure it. Adhere paper flower and rhinestone center to yellow tag with beeswax, as well. Cover large green tag with beeswax to add dimension.
- 9. Adhere rick rack to orange and yellow tags as shown. Layer small tags on top of large tags, aligning holes. Tie ribbon through holes.
by Kris Cramer