Photo Cube Calendar
- Close to My Heart My Creations Collage Cubes
- Chipboard coaster, 3-1/2” square
- Close to My Heart Cardstock, assorted colors
- Close to My Heart Florentine B&T Duos Paper Pack
- Pewter photo clip
- Close to My Heart Brown/White Baker’s Twine
- Photos, 4”x6”, two copies each: winter, spring, summer, fall
paper trimmer, scoring board, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, heat tool, facial tissues
- Close to My Heart Stamp Sets: Urban Alphabet, Little Reminder, Joyful Jar
- Ink Pads: Close to My Heart Exclusive Dye Inks in Cocoa, Indian Corn Blue, Crème Brulée; Tsukineko VersaMark
- Close to My Heart Exclusive Inks Markers: Amethyst, Orange, Heavenly Blue, Baby Pink, Sunny Yellow
- Close to My Heart White Daisy Embossing Powder
- Close to My Heart Glitz Glitter Gel: Red, Silver
- Anti-static embossing bag
- Avery Glue Stick
- 1. Cut two 1”x12” strips from desired Florentine paper. Adhere strips around edges of tray using glue stick; let dry. Use scissors to lightly distress all edges of tray.
- 2. Using open scissors, make notch at midpoint of each outside corner of tray to hold twine. Fitting twine into notches, wrap and tie twine around tray. Slide photo clip onto twine end; tie bow.
- 1. Score vertical center of chipboard coaster on both sides. Slowly fold coaster in half to prevent breakage; unfold.
- 2. Cut 7”x3-1/2” strip of olive green cardstock. Adhere coaster to center of cardstock with score line placed parallel to short ends.
- 3. Fold coaster on score line. Overlap and glue cardstock flaps to create triangular tube. Adhere flap side of triangle to center bottom of tray for stand. Let dry.
- Calendar Cubes
- 1. Using pencil, label sides of cubes exactly as indicated in Steps 2-10. If directions are not followed precisely, display will not work properly.
- 2. Cube 1: 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8. (Note: Use 6 for 9.)
- 3. Cube 2: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- 4. Cube 3: JAN, FEB, fall photo, spring, summer, duplicate winter.
- 5. Cube 4: MAR, APR, fall, winter, summer, duplicate spring.
- 6. Cube 5: MAY, JUN, fall, summer, winter, spring.
- 7. Cube 6: JULY, AUG, fall, winter, spring, duplicate summer.
- 8. Cube 7: SEPT, OCT, fall, summer, winter, spring.
- 9. Cube 8: NOV, DEC, winter, spring, summer, duplicate fall.
- 10. Cube 9: BDAY, XMAS, fall, summer, winter, spring.
- 11. Cut four photos, one per season, into 2” squares. Keep photo together in one pile to prevent confusion.
- 12. Cut twelve 2” olive cardstock squares. Stamp and white emboss numbers and intersecting line borders for Cubes 1 and 2 onto cardstock squares; work on one square at a time. (Note: Do not heat powder too closely; white scorches very easily.) Adhere cardstock squares to corresponding sides of cubes; let dry.
- 13. Cut fourteen 2” cardstock squares from assorted papers and cardstock, using photos as guide. Working on one square at a time, stamp and white emboss month abbreviations as listed in Steps 2-10, plus BDAY and XMAS titles. Stamp and white emboss small seasonal images, if desired. Adhere cardstock and paper squares to corresponding sides of Cubes 3-9; let dry.
- 14. If month names or titles blend into background, sponge matching inks over letters to brighten effect. Buff letters with tissue to remove excess ink.
- 15. For added dimension on month or title squares created in Step 13, stamp and white emboss small seasonal images onto white cardstock. Color images with markers; detail cut images and adhere to month and title squares. Let dry.
- 16. Highlight JULY and DEC squares with glitter gel; let dry.
- 17. Adhere photo squares to remaining areas of cubes. Save duplicate photos until last to see which 2” square portion is needed to complete photo. Let dry.
- 1. Use the cubes to create a fun photo puzzle instead. Print six 6”x6” images and cut each into 2” squares. Adhere each set of nine photo squares to a different blank side of the collage cubes.
by Kimberly Thomas