Peace, Hope, Joy, Love Ornament
size: 12” long
- Diamond Tech Large My Tile Glass Tile Kit
- Diamond Tech Fuseworks Large Gold Jewelry Bails, five
- Gold metallic ribbon, 1/4”-wide
- Large gold bell
- Acrylic rhinestone snowflakes, four
scissors, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), rubbing alcohol, paper towels, bowl of water
- Laser color printer
- White acrylic paint
- Baking sheet and oven
- Elmer’s Instant Krazy Glue
- 1. Print out pattern.
- 2. Using software on computer to resize and print snowmen images to fit 1-7/8”x1-7/8” tile. Set up printer following manufacturer’s instructions for My Tile Image Art included in kit. Print snowmen images on transfer paper included in kit. Allow transfer to set for 15 minutes.
- 3. Clean surface of each tile to remove dirt and smudges using rubbing alcohol and paper towel.
- 4. Trim each snowman image to size using scissors. Place transfers, one at a time, into bowl of water and wait approximately 30 seconds.
- 5. Slightly moisten front of tile. Gently slide snowman transfer from backing paper onto front of tile. Use fingers to smooth transfer as you slide away from backing paper. Gently pat and smooth snowman transfer with moist paper towel, eliminating air pockets and wrinkles.
- 6. Position completed tiles on baking sheet with transfer side up. Let dry for two hours. To permanently set, preheat oven to 325°F. Bake tiles on baking sheet in oven for 15 minutes. Turn oven off, prop door slightly, and leave baking sheet in oven for 20 minutes.
- 7. When completely cool, wipe tiles with water and dry with paper towel.
- 8. On covered work surface, paint back of each tile white. Let dry.
- 9. Adhere jewelry bail to back side at top and bottom of each glass tile; let dry.
- 10. Position tiles on work surface in order from top to bottom. Tie gold ribbon lengths to bottom bail on each tile. Thread ribbon lengths through top of each tile through bail connecting tiles together. Thread and tie longer piece of ribbon through bail on top of top tile for hanging.
- 11. Tie gold bell to bottom bail on bottom tile. Adhere rhinestone snowflakes to front of each tile.
- 1. Make sure your printer has a relatively new color ink cartridge. The better the print of the snowman image, the brighter and better your tile will appear.
by Karen Embry for Diamond Tech