Bright Holiday Topiary
size: 12” tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cone, 12”
- Muslin fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Assorted holiday fabric scraps
- Assorted holiday trims: ribbon, lace, organza, rick rack
- Straight pins
- White craft glue
- 1. Tear muslin into 1” strips. Wrap strips around foam cone until completely covered, pinning each end to secure.
- 2. Cut 2” muslin square; drape and pin over tip of cone.
- 3. Tear fabric scraps into 1-1/2” strips. Fold strips in half and tie around cone until completely covered. Strips can be wrapped several times around cone.
- 4. Wrap lace and ribbon around cone, tying or gluing in place.
- 5. Tear organza into 1-1/2” strips; tie around cone. Tie rick rack around cone. Trim ends as needed.
- 1. Look for a charming Valentine variation of this centerpiece in the February 2013 issue of Crafts ’n things, on newsstands now.
by Rebekah Meier for The Dow Chemical Co.