Beautiful Girl Altered Crown
- Chipboard sheet
- Patterned: Savannah Mint Julep (Autumn Leaves); black/cream ledger (Creative Imaginations)
- Black rub-ons (American Crafts): swirls; “Beautiful"
- Cupcake Sugar Coated Adhesive Chipboard Shapes (Doodlebug Design Inc.): ABCs; flower
- Cream crocheted lace/ribbon trim
- Ribbon: white satin; black/pink dot
- Black-and-white flowers (Prima Marketing), assorted sizes
- Antique buttons, assorted
- Pearl brads (K&Company)
- Rhinestones, assorted
- Sahara Sand VersaMagic ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Silver Stickles Glitter Glue (Ranger)
- Fine-line permanent pens: black; opaque white
- Cricut Expression Personal Cutting Machine and Happily Ever After cartridge (ProvoCraft)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- 1. Use electronic cutting system to cut one crown from chipboard sheet and one from Mint Julep paper.
- 2. Cut two 20” satin ribbon lengths and glue ends to chipboard crown near bottom. Glue crown layers together, hiding ribbon ends. Machine stitch crown sides together for added strength.
- 3. Cut scalloped trim from ledger paper using electronic cutter. Cut to fit and glue to back side. Glue cream lace across front of crown and adhere chipboard letters as shown.
- 4. Using photo as guide, embellish crown with rub-ons, flowers, rhinestones and brads. Tie pink ribbon bow and glue to one corner of crown; glue flower to bow.
- 5. Use permanent pens to add dot borders to crown edges and points.
by Regina Easter