Wild 4 You Card
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Regal Rose
- My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found 3 Ruby Collection Papers: Floral & Lace Glitter, Grey Quatrefoil Embossed, Honeycomb Embossed
- Black adhesive gems
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, stamp cleaner
- Kitchen Sink Stamps Stamp Sets: Multi Step ‘Lil Elephant, Multi Step Sweet Heart Roses, Ready 4 Any Holiday, Multi Step Bunch O’ Balloons
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Acrylic Grid Blocks Set
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Ink Blending Tool & Foam, Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Scallop border punch
- Ink Pads: Ranger Archival Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs; Stampin’ Up! Going Grey, Sahara Sand, Basic Grey, Rose Red, Bashful Blue
- Scor-Pal Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Adhesives: tape runner, Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals, Scor-Pal Scor Tape
- 1. Make 5-1/4”x5-1/4” rose top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 5”x5” mottled pink paper panel; use blending tool to sponge edges Gathered Twigs. Mat on black cardstock and adhere to card. Cut 5”x2” grey paper strip; sponge edges Gathered Twigs. Mat on black cardstock and adhere to bottom half of card.
- 3. Repeat Step 2 to create smaller paper panels, using both sides of glitter paper; sponge paper edges Gathered Twigs before matting on black cardstock. Adhere panel to card as shown.
- 4. Using photo as guide, stamp elephant onto white cardstock as follows: #2 Going Grey, #1 Sahara Sand, #3 Basic Grey, #4 Jet Black.
- 5. Stamp image #1 from Sweet Heart Roses set using Rose Red ink. Stamp Jet Black “XO” from same stamp set onto balloon. Stamp Jet Black balloon string from Bunch O’ Balloons set as shown. Trim image panel to size.
- 6. Punch scrap cardstock with scallop border punch. Using scalloped edge as mask and sponge dauber, lightly sponge layers of Bashful Blue ink over top half of image panel. Reposition mask as needed to create puffy clouds. Stamp Jet Black sentiment as shown.
- 7. Use blending tool to sponge image panel edges Gathered Twigs. Mat on black cardstock; adhere to card with foam dots.
- 8. Ink sentiment stamp with Jet Black and Rose Red inks; stamp onto white cardstock. Trim sentiment to size; sponge edges Gathered Twigs. Mat on black cardstock; adhere to card. Adhere three gems to left of sentiment.
- 1. For another look, omit elephant and “wild 4 you” sentiment; replace with floating balloons spelling “love” or “be mine.”
by Lisa Somerville