Conversation Hearts Banner
size: approx. 68” long
- Stiffened glitter-felt hearts, two each: red, dark pink, light pink, white
- Pink patterned papers, assorted
- Valentine fabric scraps or ribbon
- White cording
scissors, pencil, ruler
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Sizzlits Hello Kitty Groovy Girl Decorative Strip Alphabet Die
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Tool
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Using photo as guide, die-cut messages for each heart from assorted papers.
- 2. Position phrases as desired on hearts. When pleased with arrangement, use Gem-Tac to adhere messages; let dry.
- 3. Mark two holes on opposite sides of one heart; punch holes using Crop-A-Dile. Use first heart as guide to punch two holes in each remaining heart.
- 4. Thread strips of torn fabric or ribbon through holes and tie bows to connect hearts.
- 5. Cut two 8” cording lengths. Tie cording to holes at each end of banner for hangers.
- 6. Tie fabric or ribbon bow at each end of banner, if desired.
- 1. For a more kid-friendly version of this project, let kids stamp pre-cut craft foam hearts with Valentine messages, then tie together with baker’s twine bows.
by Madeline Arendt