Love U Shaker Card
- White cardstock
- Adore Signature Collection patterned (My Mind’s Eye): Heartstrings; Beats of My Heart
- White glitter paper (Die Cuts With a View)
- Transparency Film (3M)
- Lily White Sugar Coated Adhesive Chipboard ABCs (Doodlebug Design Inc.)
- Brown/white dot ribbon
- Très Jolie French Kisses Buttons (My Mind’s Eye)
- Coordinating microbead mix (Halcraft)
- Thin twine
- Rubber stamps: sweet; love
- Black ink pad
- Opaque white pen
- Cricut Expression Personal Cutting Machine (ProvoCraft)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- 1. Cut blue paper in half; fold in half. Use electronic cutter to cut 4-1/2”x5-1/2” heart; do not cut through fold.
- 2. Cut two smaller striped hearts; cut word “LOVE” from center of one. Back letters with piece of transparency film.
- 3. Sew two small hearts together, leaving space to add beads. Fill with beads and stitch closed.
- 4. Cut ribbon length and adhere to card on angle. Machine stitch left side of heart card, catching ribbon in stitching.
- 5. Adhere shaker heart to card. Tie twine around chipboard “u” and adhere to card. Note: Dust visible back of sticker with baby powder or cornstarch to prevent sticking.
- 6. Stamp words on white cardstock and cut out; mat on white glitter paper. Adhere tags to card edge.
- 7. Tie twine through one brown button. Adhere four brown buttons to card. Use white pen to add detail dots to card.
by Regina Easter