Louie the Lion Card Box
Louie is a proud lion and happy to gobble up your Valentine cards! Make him for your classroom Valentine’s Day party!
- Square tissue boxes, 4-1/2”, two
- Construction paper or craft foam: orange, pink, black, white
- Fibre-Craft Adhesive Foam Heart Stickers, in various sizes
- Green chenille stems, 2” lengths, three
- Brown loopy yarn: 30” length, 3” length
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Red ribbon, 10” length
paintbrushes or sponge scrap, ruler, scissors, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Brown acrylic paint
- Red chalk
- Aleene’s FunCraft Foam Glue
- 1. Size is 12" tall.
- Louie the Lion Card Box
- 1. Adhere tissue boxes together with one opening on top front (for mouth). On covered work surface, paint boxes brown. Let dry.
- 2. Print out patterns. Cut patterns from paper or craft foam. Use black marker to outline face and ears.
- 3. Adhere nose and eyes on face. Adhere inner ears on ears. For cheeks, lightly rub red chalk on face. Use black marker to outline mouth and muzzle, then dot cheeks. Cut out mouth from face. Adhere teeth inside mouth.
- 4. For mane, adhere end of brown loopy yarn behind ear on back of face. Continue to adhere brown yarn on back of face. Adhere face on box with mouth opening over front opening. Let dry.
- 5. Use black marker to outline feet and toes. Adhere feet on bottom of box.
- 6. For bouquet, sandwich two hearts on end of each chenille stem, pressing hearts together. Tie ribbon bow around flowers. Adhere bouquet between feet.
- 7. For tail, cut 1”x6” orange craft foam or paper strip. Wrap 3” length of loopy yarn around end of tail. Adhere tail on back of box.
- 1. If loopy yarn isn’t available, substitute mane with fringed brown construction paper.
by Linda Valentino