“Love” Treat Bear
size: tag, 3”x4”
- Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Ivory Cardstock
- Echo Park Paper Co. Sweet Day Collection Papers: Oh My Stripe, Cheerful Stripe
- Echo Park Paper Co. Sweet Day Collection Element Stickers
- The Twinery Baker’s Twine: Honeydew, Blossom
- Hobby Lobby Mini Wooden Basket with Handle
- Filler of choice
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, 1/16” hole punch, sponge dauber, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- The Cat’s Pajamas Honey Bear Stamp Set
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Tea Dye
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers
- Delta Creative Ceramcoat Butter Cream Acrylic Paint
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, liquid glue, foam dots
- 1. Paint wooden basket Butter Cream; let dry.
- 2. Apply lines of liquid glue along one long side of basket and adhere Honeydew twine in back-and-forth fashion. Press twine to glue until set, if needed. Repeat on opposite side of basket. Let dry.
- 3. Cut Ivory 3”x4” tag. Cover tag with word paper; cut narrow striped strip and adhere to bottom. Sponge tag edges with Tea Dye ink.
- 4. Stamp Tuxedo Black bear onto Ivory cardstock. Using photo as guide, color image with markers. Detail cut bear and adhere to tag with foam dots. Adhere sentiment sticker to tag.
- 5. Punch hole in center top of tag. Using Blossom twine, tie tag to basket handle. Place filler in basket.
- 1. Fruit and veggie cans, mini cereal boxes, and other recyclables make perfect treat packaging, too.
by Carolyn King