Tart Pan Décor
- Tart pans, 3/4” thick, 4”
- Assorted black/cream patterned papers, 12
- Single-thickness chipboard
- Assorted off-white two-hole buttons, four
- Assorted coordinating embellishments: ribbon, lace, beads, rickrack, white thread
sandpaper, scissors, ruler, pencil, copy paper
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Beading needle
- Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- 1. Cut circles from four patterned papers to same size as round pan inserts. Adhere circles to pan inserts. Sand edges of paper even with inserts. Adhere inserts inside pans.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Trace and cut four bird bodies and four wings from chipboard. Cut four bird bodies and four wings from different patterned cream papers and adhere to chipboard. Sand edges of paper shapes even with chipboard.
- 3. Machine-sew straight stitches around chipboard shapes 1/8” from edges.
- 4. Use black thread to sew button eyes to bird heads.
- 5. Attach embellishments around necks (sew crystal beads to satin ribbon, sew pearl beads to grosgrain ribbon, tie rickrack in bow, adhere lace around neck, etc.).
- 6. Adhere bird bodies to circles in pans. Adhere wings angled in different directions on bird bodies.
- 1. Omit sewing around chipboard shapes and use glue to adhere eyes onto birds to save time. Use recycled cardboard in place of chipboard to save money.
by Mary Ayres