Four Butterflies Frame
- Walnut Hollow Pine Wood Panel Series Frame, 8”x8”x3/4”
- WorldWin Papers Cream Cardstock
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology Vintage Shabby Paper Stack
- Want2Scrap Burgundy Pearls
- Assorted coordinating embellishments: beads, buttons, pearl brads
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Shapeabilities Les Papillions (S4-371), Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles Large (S4-124), Nestabilities Decorative Elements Splendid Circles (S4-354)
- Spellbinders Impressabilties Butterfly Garden Embellishment Template (GI-002)
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Tattered Rose Ink Pad
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Adhesives: Crafty Power Tape, 3-D Foam Squares
- 1. Sponge edges of frame with Tattered Rose ink; let dry.
- 2. Cut Cream cardstock to fit inside frame; emboss with Butterfly Garden template. Place cardstock panel in frame.
- 3. From assorted patterned papers, die cut/emboss Classic Scalloped Circles Large #2 four times and #1 two times. (Note: Smallest die template in set is #1.)
- 4. From assorted patterned papers, die cut/emboss Splendid Circles #2 two times.
- 5. Using photo as guide, layer circles with foam squares and adhere to embossed background.
- 6. From Cream cardstock, die cut/emboss/stencil each solid shadow layer of Les Papillions die set twice. To stencil, leave die-cut shape in template and add Tattered Rose ink to open areas using sponge dauber; remove template.
- 7. From one sheet of patterned paper, die cut/emboss each open detail layer of Les Papillions die set twice.
- 8. Layer and adhere butterflies to circles, adhering bodies only and leaving wings dimensional. Adhere desired embellishment to each butterfly body. If using brads, remove shanks before adhering to butterfly.
- 1. Recreate this piece using the colors in your own décor. Look for other die-cut motifs like shells, flowers, or leaves to make this project your own.
by Christine Emberson for Spellbinders Paper Arts