Red Hot Candy Box & Coupon Card
sizes: box, 5" across; card, 4"x5-1/2"
- Wooden or paper mâché heart-shaped box with lid, 5”
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Champagne Metallic; Blush Red Dark; Cream; Lifeguard Seaside
- Hot-Fix embellishments (Kandi Corp.): Gold Pearls; Red Crystalina Gems; Silver Rhinestones
- Metallic/Flock/Glitter Love Embellishment Set (We R Memory Keepers)
- Flowers: red felt; red paper; clear acetate (Heidi Swapp)
- Ribbon: “A Heart Full of Thanks” twill (Creative Impressions); sheer red; cream lace
- White glitter brad
- Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangle Die (Spellbinders) and compatible die-cutting system
- Hot-Fix Crystal Style Heart Stencil (Kandi Corp.)
- Hot-Fix Professional Applicator (Kandi Corp.)
- Adhesives: EZ Runner, Mounting Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); Tacky Tape (ProvoCraft)
- Computer with color printer, or blank tags and red pen
- Candy Box
- 1. Cut two 12”-long Lifeguard strips same height as box bottom. Adhere around box bottom with Tacky Tape; trim excess. Wrap lace around box; tape ends to secure. Use heat applicator to add red gems to lace.
- 2. Trace lid onto Lifeguard; cut out just beyond traced line. Apply Tacky Tape to top and edge of lid. Adhere cardstock heart, folding excess down sides. Apply additional Tacky Tape around lid edge.
- 3. Cut two 12”-long Lifeguard strips same height as box lid. Adhere paper over tape; trim excess. Wrap lid edge with twill ribbon; tape ends.
- 4. Trace lid again onto Champagne cardstock; cut out 1/8” to 1/4” inside traced line. Cut small slit near top right of heart. Tie sheer red ribbon around heart through slit, knotting at front; trim excess. Adhere felt flower to knot and silver rhinestone to center.
- 5. Use EZ Runner to coat back of acetate flower; sprinkle with red glitter from kit. Layer flowers and secure with glitter brad; insert brad through left side of heart. Adhere heart to box lid.
- 6. Apply metallic greeting to Champagne cardstock; die cut into scalloped rectangle. Mat tag on Blush Red Dark. Adhere to box lid with foam squares.
- 1. Cut 5-1/2”x12” Champagne panel; score at 4” and 8” from one short end. Trim bottom flap diagonally.
- 2. Line center panel with Blush Red Dark; fold card. Secure flap with double-sided tape.
- 3. Use computer to print red ticket text twice onto Cream: Admit One / Private Dinner / Limit 2 per family / Adults only, No children. Handwrite text if preferred. Cut out tickets and place in pocket. Add red gems.
- 4. Cut 3-3/4”x5-1/4” Blush Red Dark panel; adhere to card front.
- 5. Repeat Box Step 6, matting tag again on Champagne; adhere to card. Add red gem to each corner.
- 6. Position stencil and apply gold pearls to card front.
by Tami Mayberry