Glitzy Gingham Gift Set
sizes: cards, 3-1/2"x6"; box, 5"x7"
- Cardstock: black; kraft; cream
- Adore Signature Collection Paper (My Mind's Eye): Adorable Dots; Just Like Us
- Chipboard hearts (Scenic Route Paper): small; large
- Red Valentine's Day postmark rub-on
- Black/cream gingham wire-edged ribbon
- Red button
- Thin twine
- Red glitter (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Fine-line permanent pens: black; opaque white
- Cricut Expression Personal Cutting Machine (ProvoCraft)
- Craft punches: 3/8" hole; small flower; medium flower
- Sewing machine and white thread
- 1. Use electronic cutting system for shape cutting.
- 1. Make 3-1/2"x5-1/2" Adorable Dots top-fold card base. Machine stitch along top left edge.
- 2. Cut scalloped black trim; cut and adhere to bottom of card front. Dot trim with white pen.
- 3. Cover small chipboard heart with adhesive and sprinkle with glitter; let dry and shake away excess.
- 4. Cover large chipboard heart with text paper; sand away excess.
- 5. Tie ribbon bow; trim ends. Adhere large heart, bow and small heart to card front.
- 1. Cut 7"x9" Adorable Dots lid. Score lines 1" from each edge. Clip two short score lines on two opposite sides of panel. Fold box; adhere flaps.
- 2. Cut 6-5/8"x8-5/8" Adorable Dots box. Repeat Step 1, scoring lines 7/8" from each edge.
- 3. Cut black cardstock strip to fit lid; machine stitch edges. Cut string of small, joined hearts from text paper; adhere to black strip. Score ends and adhere strip to lid.
- 4. Cut large kraft scroll and large kraft heart. Glitter scroll like chipboard heart on card. Distress kraft heart edges with sandpaper or scissors; add faux stitching with white pen. Apply rub-on to heart.
- 5. Punch one medium and five small cream flowers; detail petals with black pen. Punch five small circles and detail with white pen; adhere to small flowers. Tie twine through red button; adhere to big flower.
- 6. Adhere scroll and large heart to lid. Tie ribbon bow and adhere to lid. Adhere flowers as shown.
by Regina Easter