Unlock the Heart Card
- Cardstock: white; black
- Love Story 8"x8" Scrapbook Project Pad (Making Memories): ivory floral; red floral; distressed black dot; distressed red damask
- Charmed "Love" Cards Charm Kit (Making Memories): padlock; key
- Cloud 9 Designs Simple Thoughts Love Stickers (Fiskars)
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads (Clearsnap): Lipstick; Charcoal
- Marvy craft punches (Uchida): Mega Scallop Oval; Jumbo Oval; Jumbo Heart
- Hole punch, 1/16"
- Bone folder
- Needlenose pliers
- Pewter jump ring
- Foam Mounting Tape Squares
- Making Memories
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Trace pattern on white cardstock and cut out; score lines on each side between center heart and flaps using ruler and bone folder. Fold flaps inward.
- 2. Trace complete heart onto ivory floral paper; cut out and adhere inside card. Repeat for both sides of each flap, using red floral paper inside and red damask paper outside. Ink all card edges, inside and out, with Charcoal chalk ink.
- 3. Cut two 1/2"x3" dot paper strips and ink edges Charcoal. Close card and adhere strips across each flap as shown; trim excess and ink cut edges Charcoal.
- 4. Punch scalloped oval from black cardstock and jumbo oval from dot paper; ink dotted oval edges Lipstick. Adhere ovals together; adhere back left side of black scalloped oval to front of left card flap.
- 5. Punch jumbo heart from red floral paper; ink edges Charcoal. Punch tiny hole at bottom of heart. Use pliers to open jump ring, attach key charm, and then close ring through hole in heart. Adhere heart lock charm to center of heart. Adhere heart to ovals with foam square.
- 6. Apply "Love is the Master Key" sticker to inside center of card.
by Beth Watson