Be My Monster Valentines
sizes: be mine, 4-1/2”x6”; be my valentine, 4”x7”
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Frosted Pink; Brilliant White; Santa Red; Intense Kiwi
- Double-sided patterned (October Afternoon): Night Light Collection Louis, Charles, Jack and Katie; Daydream Collection Rainboots; Good Cheer Collection Gingerbread and Sugar Cookies; Detours Collection Gazebo and Dirt Roads
- Itty Bitty Alpha Stickers (Making Memories)
- Hot-Fix Crystals, 4mm (Kandi Corp.): Red; Clear
- Wiggle eye stickers
- Night Light Clear Stamps (October Afternoon)
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger): Spiced Marmalade; Scattered Straw; Worn Lipstick
- Inkssentials Blending Tool & Foam (Ranger)
- Hot-Fix Professional Applicator (Kandi Corp.)
- Heart punch (Fiskars)
- Sanding block
- Be Mine
- 1. Make red top-fold card base. Cut smaller pink cardstock mat and adhere to card front.
- 2. Cut 2-1/2”x5-3/4” Katie text paper strip and mat on red cardstock; tear top and right edges. Adhere to left side of card front. Adhere four red crystals above top torn edge as shown.
- 3. Punch seven hearts from various red/white/pink papers; sand edges. Layer and adhere hearts along torn side of text strip. Adhere letter sticker sentiment to right of hearts.
- 4. Stamp monster on white cardstock. Use blending tool to apply Distress Inks to body, keeping light tones near face and darker tones near tail. Adhere monster to card. Apply wiggle eye stickers to monster.
- Be My Valentine
- 1. Make green top-fold card base.
- 2. Cut two monsters from Louis paper, including part of background. Mat cutouts on reverse side of same paper. Sand surface of paper between cut-outs and around edges. Mat again on Charles stripe paper; sand edges. Adhere layered papers to card.
- 3. Use letter stickers to spell names on cut-outs and add “xo” to right bottom corner of card.
- 4. Hand cut a heart from red side of Jack paper and mat on red cardstock. Fold in half to add dimension. Spell sentiment with letter stickers. Adhere bottom half of heart to card as shown.
- 5. Cut 1/4”x12” red cardstock “ribbon”; curl around a pencil. Glue one end of ribbon to back of heart. Curl around top edge of card and spot glue above left cut-out. Curve around top corner of mat and spot glue again. Adhere three clear crystals to end of ribbon; trim ends in a “V.”
by Kelly Anne Grundhauser