Seashell and Driftwood Wreath
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Half-Round Wreath, 12”
- Driftwood, 4”-6” lengths
- Seashells, seahorse, found shore items
- Green reindeer moss
- Brown raffia
- Wooden skewer or knitting needle
- Adhesives: low-temp glue gun and sticks, thick white craft glue
- 1. Arrange and adhere pieces of driftwood in circular pattern around top of wreath using glue gun.
- 2. Adhere large shells in large gaps and smaller shells in smaller gaps using glue gun.
- 3. Adhere second layer of shells on top of driftwood, using larger and more interesting shells. Adhere seahorse and other found objects on second layer.
- 4. Fill in any remaining spaces with green reindeer moss. Use white craft glue to adhere moss; use skewer or needle tool to work moss into cracks. Let dry.
- 5. Wrap double length of raffia around top of wreath to hang.
- 1. For more uniform pieces of driftwood, visit the floral section of your local craft store.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Company