Best Friends Frame
Kids can create a colorful craft stick frame to capture a fun summer memory with their friends.
- Jumbo craft sticks, 20
- Cardboard scrap, 5”x6”
- Scrapbook paper: blue, blue/green plaid, yellow/green plaid
- The Beadery Alphabet Beads
- Glass E beads, in coordinating colors, 23
- Artistic Wire Tinned Copper Wire, 15” length
- Photo, 4-1/2”x3-1/2”
- Wire photo hanger
scissors, craft knife, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adhesives: glue stick, craft glue
- 1. On covered work surface, apply glue stick on one side of nine craft sticks. Press craft sticks on blue paper. Cut around craft sticks. Let dry. Repeat process to cover eight craft sticks with blue/green plaid paper and three craft sticks with yellow/green plaid paper. Let dry.
- 2. Position cardboard rectangle, with 5” side at top, on work surface. To make frame, use craft glue to adhere one blue stick horizontally at top on 5” side. Continue adhering blue sticks horizontally on rectangle, covering completely. Let dry.
- 3. Adhere photo 1/8” below top edge of bottom horizontal blue craft stick on frame, centering in space. Let dry.
- 4. Measure 1/2” from each side of frame. Adhere blue/green plaid stick vertically on each side of frame, slightly covering edges of photo. Let dry.
- 5. Stack blue/green plaid sticks into two stacks of three. Adhere stacks on top of frame (on top two blue sticks). Let dry.
- 6. Adhere yellow/green plaid sticks on top and bottom sides of photo. Adhere remaining yellow/plaid stick centered on top of blue/green plaid stacks as shown in photo.
- 7. Cut 6” length of wire; loop one end. Thread wire into alphabet beads to spell “BEST” with glass beads between. Loop other wire end. Repeat process using 9" length of wire to spell “FRIENDS”. Adhere beaded wires on frame as shown in photo.
- 8. Adhere wire hanger on back of frame. Let dry.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.