stitch count: 80 w x 63 h; approx. finished size: 5” w x 3-7/8” h
- 11”x10” For The Cure 32-count Linen (R&R Reproductions)
- 6-strand Hand-dyed Embroidery Floss (Crescent Colours)
- 6-strand Hand-dyed Embroidery Floss (Weeks Dye Works)
- 6-strand Hand-dyed Embroidery Floss (The Gentle Arts)
- 3 buttons (4464CS, 4464DS, 4464BS) (Just Another Button Company)
Backstitch : 1 strand
Buttonhole Stitch : 2 strands
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
Smyrna Cross : 2 strands
Stem Stitch : 2 strands
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. For wool work, trace template to non-shiny side of freezer paper. Cut out freezer paper template slightly larger than traced outline.
- 2. NOTE: This does not need to be exact. Place template on wool shiny side down. Set dry iron on wool setting and press. Cut out wool template at traced template line. Using white tissue paper, trace swirl on tissue paper and baste or pin to wool template. Using 2 strands Crescent Color Antique Lace, stitch small running stitches through issue paper onto wool. After completion, simply pull tissue paper off wool and stem stitch over small running stitches.
- 3. Join wool and stitched fabric with Buttonhole stitch. Stitch buttons in place as indicated on chart. Tack wool bunny appliqué to the stitched piece as seen in picture. Tack around ear and back to secure by stitching buttonhole stitch with one-strand directly over existing buttonhole stitches.
for Woolen Thread Designs