Hello Chica Birdhouse & Card
sizes: birdhouse, 5" tall; card, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"
- Wooden birdhouse, 5” tall
- Cardstock: Cryogen White (Arjo Wiggins); Tawny Light, Suede Brown Dark, Frosted Teal and Desert Coral Light (Prism Papers)
- Just Dreamy Collection patterned (My Mind’s Eye): plaid; floral
- Scrap paper
- Peach/white striped ribbon (May Arts)
- Linen thread (Stampin’ Up!)
- Faux pearls
- Coordinating brads, four
- White/iridescent glitter glue
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Pretty Birds; Landing Pad; Silhouette Blooms; Pin Dot Scrapblock; Pretty Pattern Backgrounder
- Adirondack Dye ink pads (Ranger): Espresso; Pool; Shell Pink; Pitch Black
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents dimensional medium (Ranger)
- Copic markers (Imagination International)
- Watermelon Indoor/Outdoor Paint (Krylon)
- The Wizard Embossing and Die-Cutting System, Tan Embossing Mat and Nestabilities Classic Oval and Scalloped Oval Dies (Spellbinders)
- Adhesives: Dot N Roller Adhesive (Kokuyo); Mod Podge decoupage medium (Plaid); Foam Tape (3M)
- 1. In well-ventilated area, spray paint birdhouse Watermelon; let dry.
- 2. Use scrap paper to create patterns for sides of birdhouse; repeat for roof. Cut pattern pieces from plaid and floral papers; ink edges Espresso. Note: This birdhouse has a slat roof; one paper piece was adhered to each side, then carefully trimmed between slats with a craft knife.
- 3. Stamp Espresso Silhouette Blooms across floral paper pieces. Following manufacturer’s instructions, decoupage paper pieces to birdhouse. For best results, use a foam brush to apply smooth, very thin coat of Mod Podge to entire birdhouse and back of each paper piece before applying. Let dry. Apply second coat of Mod Podge to seal project; let dry. Glue faux pearls to stamped flower centers.
- 4. Stamp Pitch Black bird and birdhouse images onto white cardstock; color with markers and cut out. Apply glitter glue to bird’s wing and Glossy Accents to stamped birdhouse opening; let dry.
- 5. Stamp Espresso tree trunk on Tawny Light cardstock; cut out. Stamp Pitch Black sentiment. Poke tiny hole in top of birdhouse and tie to branch with linen thread. Adhere branch and birdhouse to roof line using foam tape; adhere bird near opening.
- 1. Make Desert Coral card base. Use Shell Pink ink to stamp front with Pretty Pattern background.
- 2. Cut 1-1/4”x4-1/2” plaid paper strip, 2-1/4”x4-1/2” floral paper strip and 3-3/8”x4-5/8” Suede Brown Dark panel. Adhere paper strips to panel, overlapping edges 1/4” and leaving narrow brown border visible. Insert brad in each corner. Tie ribbon around panel, hiding paper seam. Adhere panel to card.
- 3. Repeat Birdhouse Step 4. Stamp Espresso tree trunk on Tawny Light cardstock; cut out.
- 4. Die cut small classic oval from Frosted Teal cardstock. Die cut larger Suede Brown Dark scalloped oval. Stamp teal oval with Pool Pin Dot background. Mat on scalloped oval and adhere oval to card.
- 5. Poke tiny hole in top of stamped birdhouse and tie to branch with linen thread. Adhere branch, birdhouse and bird to card with foam tape. Stamp Pitch Black sentiment.
by Lori Craig