The Lord Is My Shepherd
stitch count: 84 w x 114 h; approx. finished size: 6” w x 8-1/8” h
- 12”x15” White 14-count Aida
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- 8”x10” Fusible fleece
- Felt, as desired
- 4’ Red Rickrack
- Wood dowel to fit
Backstitch : 1 strand
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
fabric glue, needle, scissors
- 1. Felt is available in many colors, embossed textures and edge patterns. Choose any two colors to create the backing for this banner.
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric.
- 2. After stitching is complete, press. Center the fleece on the back of the stitched area. Iron on in place. Trim excess Aida.
- 3. This banner uses decorative felt as backing. The aqua felt is cut 3/4” larger than Aida. Lime green felt has an embossed and scalloped edging. Top edge of felt is folded towards front to create sleeve for dowel.
- 4. Glue all of layers of felt and stitched work. Glue rickrack trim to edges of Aida. Let dry.
- 5. Slide dowel thru sleeve for hanging.
by Ursula Michael