Caged Bird Candlescape
size: about 18" tall
- Heavy-weight cream cardstock
- Patterned (K&Co.): Urban Rhapsody Collection Birds the Word, Sugar Rush and Mosaic Mirage; Wild Saffron Collection Ferns
- Ribbons (SEI)
- Aqua pillar candle, 3”x6”
- Detail scissors
- Bone folder
- Adhesives: liquid paper glue; clear tape
- 1. Candle is for decorative use only; do not burn candle inside paper-decorated birdcage.
- 1. Spread thin layer of paper glue over back of fern paper and adhere to cardstock; use bone folder to burnish paper from center toward edges to ensure good contact. Repeat with bird paper. Let papers dry.
- 2. Use detail scissors to cut out several birds, flowers and leaves. Position elements along top of birdcage and use clear tape to secure, wrapping tape from back of shape, around metal and back up to front of shape. Be sure cage lid still opens freely. Adhere additional birds to bottom portion of cage.
- 3. Cut paper piece same size as bottom of cage and place inside. Glue twigs, leaf and ribbon bow to front of candle. Place candle in cage.
by Charity Hassel