Faux Metal Votive Holders
Sponge painting silver over black magically creates a metallic faux finish. You’d never guess these sturdy-looking candle holders are cut from posterboard!
- Posterboard, 10” square
- Acrylic paints: black, silver
- Battery-operated tea light or votive candle
scissors, craft knife, tracing paper, pencil
- Sponge scrap
- Fiskars Decorative-Edge Scissors: Pinking or Scallop
- Aleene’s OriginalTacky Glue
- 1. Size is 2-3/4" square
- 1. Materials listed are for one votive holder.
- Votive Holder
- 1. Print out pattern. Trace votive holder outline onto posterboard; cut out. Transfer desired motif onto each side; use craft knife to cut out. Use decorative-edged scissors to cut top edges.
- 2. Basecoat all surfaces black; let dry. Sponge over black with silver.
- 3. Score votive holder along dashed lines; fold. Adhere flaps to side panels.
- 4. Place battery-operated tea light or votive candle inside votive holder.
by Helen Rafson