Shore Do Love You Card
Make a summertime “love you” card for your favorite beach buddy. Die-cut wave borders add an instant splash of seaside style.
- Cardstock: My Favorite Things Sweet Tooth, X-Press It Blending Card
- Echo Park Paper Co. Paradise Beach Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Studio Calico Wood Veneer Hearts
- The Twinery Buttercream Baker’s Twine
paper trimmer, scoring tool, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, embroidery needle
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Catch a Wave Die
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Sea Jewels Stamp Set
- Acrylic block
- Creative Memories Circle Cutting System
- Small long-reach hole punch
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E00, E11, R20, B00, Y21, YR23, E35, E57, YG03, YG06, YG17, BG0000, BG000
- Adhesives: paper adhesive; clear dots; X-Press It Foam Tape, 1/4”
- 1. Make 5”x5” white top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 5”x5” blue/green paper panel; adhere to card.
- 3. Cut 3-7/8”x4” gold chevron paper panel and 4-3/4”x4-3/4” shell paper panel. Adhere gold paper to shell paper, aligning top edges and shifting gold panel slightly toward left of center. Zigzag stitch right and left sides of gold panel.
- 4. Stamp mermaid onto Blending Card; trim to 4-1/4”x4-1/4”. Using photo as guide, color image with markers.
- 5. Using circle cutter, cut partial 3-1/2” circle around mermaid image, letting hair extend past edge on lower left. Detail cut hair.
- 6. Adhere image circle to gold paper panel. Zigzag stitch circle from just above trailing hair around to bottom center of circle.
- 7. Color three wooden heart with BG000 marker; adhere to layered panel using clear dots.
- 8. Die cut two wave border strips from blue/green paper. Adhere one strip to panel beneath mermaid; trim ends. Adhere second strip over first using foam tape and offsetting waves slightly; trim ends.
- 9. Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock; trim to 3” long, cutting one end into flag shape. Adhere sentiment to right side of waves.
- 10. Punch two holes in end of sentiment strip. Thread embroidery needle with 18” twine length. Sew twine around left edge of panel, inserting needle through both holes in sentiment strip. Tie bow at left; trim ends.
- 11. Adhere image panel to card using foam tape.
- 1. Color wooden embellishments with markers for a perfectly coordinated look.
by Michele Boyer