Lace Cone Trio
sizes: 6”, 10”, 12”
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cones: 6”, 10”, 12”; Ball, 1”
- Off-white burlap, 1/2 yd.
- Soft quilt batting, 1/4 yd.
- Off-white macramé cording
- Off-white jute twine
- Off-white lace, scraps
- Assorted buttons
- Pearl ball-head pins
scissors, straight pins, ruler
- Craft glue
- Burlap 12” Cone
- 1. Cut 2” square from burlap and pin to top of cone.
- 2. Cut burlap into 1-1/2” strips. Wrap one strip around cone; adhere using glue. Trim excess. Repeat until entire cone is covered with burlap, overlapping strips on edges.
- 3. Cut 1/4”x24” from quilt batting. Wrap batting strip around top and bottom of cone. Pin in place.
- 4. Randomly wrap pieces of lace around cone and secure with glue. Wrap lace scraps around cone until entire cone is covered. Adhere ends.
- Batting & Button 10" Cone
- 1. Cut 2” square from quilt batting and pin to top of cone.
- 2. Cut 1/4” strips from quilt batting. Wrap batting around cone; adhere using glue. Repeat until entire cone is covered with batting strips.
- 3. Cut 30” piece of jute twine. String buttons onto jute twine. Wrap button twine around cone; adhere ends using glue.
- 4. Wrap pieces of lace around cone; secure ends with glue.
- Macramé Cording 6" Cone
- 1. Adhere 1” ball to top of cone. Use scissors to gently form ball into pointed end.
- 2. Starting at top of cone, pin cording around cone using ball-head pins. Wrap cording around cone, covering completely. Adhere ends using glue.
- 3. Tie lace scraps into small knotted bows; secure to cone using ball-head pins.
- 1. Accent cones with buttons and lace in the wedding color palette.
by Rebekah Meier for The Dow Chemical Co.