Good Friends Birthday Card
- Avatrex Scrapbooking Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2”x11” sheet
- Papers: textured silver, red floral print, coordinating red/multi stripe
- Paper flowers: red, 2”; lime green, 1-3/4”, two
- Orange striped ribbon, 3/8”-wide
- Digital photograph
newspaper (to cover work surface), pencil, large cardboard box
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Trimmer, 5” Precision Tip Scissors, 12” Metal Ruler
- Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives: Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive, Glue Spots Thin Medium, Glue Tape Runner, Foam Mounting Tape
- 1. Make 8-1/2”x5-1/2” top-fold card from red floral print paper.
- 2. Make 8-1/2”x5-1/2” top-fold card from red floral print paper.
- 3. With computer and inkjet printer, resize photo to 4”x3”. On same document, create text boxes and type “Good Friends, Good Times!” at 5-1/2”x1/2” and “Happy Birthday” at 3-1/2”x1/2”. Leave adequate space around words for later trimming.
- 4. Read Scrapbooking Attitude package instructions. Print mirror image of document onto glossy side of Attitude sheet. Do not remove backing paper.
- 5. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area or large box, lightly spray printed side of Attitude sheet with adhesive. Flip over and carefully position sheet onto textured silver paper. Press in place and gently remove backing paper. Let dry.
- 6. Use rotary trimmer to trim photo to 4”x3” and words to 6”x1” and 4”x1”. Cut 4-3/4”x2-1/2” striped paper panel.
- 7. Using photo as guide, adhere paper panel, photo, and sentiment to card using glue tape runner. Adhere smaller sentiment to card with foam mounting tape for added dimension.
- 8. Cut 8” ribbon length and loosely fold into loop; secure with glue spot. Using glue spots, adhere ribbon loop and flowers to card as shown.
- 1. Use this card design to make one-of-a-kind birth, graduation, or wedding announcements, too!
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.