Romantic Table Centerpiece
- White foam core board, 12”x8”
- White craft foam, 12”x8”
- Wine glass
- White pearl cardstock
- Nylon netting
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Ball, 2-1/2”
- Clear rhinestones
- Pearl strand
- Small craft stick
- Small silk carnations, 12
- Orchid ribbon: 1/8”-wide, 3/8”-wide
scissors, ruler, pencil, eraser, toothpicks, craft knife, serrated knife, clothespins, copy paper, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Daisy or flower paper punch, 3/4”
- Krylon Frosted Glass Finish
- White thick tacky glue
- 1. Draw and cut out 8” heart shape from copy paper. Trace heart on foam core board. Use craft knife to cut out heart. Trace heart shape on white craft foam; cut out using scissors. Cut out inside of heart shape (for netting). Position heart shape on netting; cut around outside of heart using scissors. Erase all pencil lines if visible.
- 2. Cut 1/8”-wide ribbon lengths to fit across heart-shaped netting as shown. Adhere ribbon to netting in criss-cross pattern using toothpick. Let dry. Apply glue to foam core heart and craft foam heart. Sandwich netting between hearts. Apply glue to one end of craft stick; insert between heart shapes on bottom point of heart. Use clothespins to hold hearts together until dry.
- 3. Wash and dry wine glass. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray wine glass with Frosted Finish following manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry. Turn wine glass upside down. Cut foam ball in half using serrated knife; adhere foam ball half onto bottom of wine glass. Let dry. Remove silk flowers from stems. Dip flowers into glue; press around perimeter of foam ball. Let dry.
- 4. Adhere 3/8”-wide ribbon around outside edge of heart. Let dry. Punch flowers from white pearl cardstock. Adhere flowers around heart and on netting. Let dry. Repeat process, adhering white pearl flowers on other side of heart. Dot flower centers with glue; press rhinestone on centers. Let dry. Apply glue to end of craft stick on heart shape; insert into center of foam ball half.
- 5. Tie 1/8”-wide ribbon bow; adhere under silk flowers around wine glass stem.
- 6. Adhere 3/8” ribbon and pearl strand on rim of glass (base of centerpiece). Punch and adhere white pearl cardstock flowers on base. Adhere rhinestone on center of each flower. Let dry.
- 1. Position battery-operated tea light under wine glass base for a pretty, romantic glow.
by Sandy Rollinger