size: 12" tall
- Clay pot, 5” tall
- Forster Woodsies Circles (Loew-Cornell): XXL, three; XL, four; Large, 21; Medium, six
- Wooden dowel (Midwest Products), 3/16”
- Patterned paper scraps: white/red dot; green gingham; green; off-white/brown script
- Kraft cardstock scrap
- Black-and-white photos
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Country Red; Avocado; Dark Chocolate; Antique White
- Hemp, 5” length.
- Optional: Brown basket filler.
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Rubber stamps (Stampendous): Bee; Flower Friends
- Black pigment ink pad
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Super Easy Cutter (Midwest Products)
- Circle cutter
- Paper trimmer
- Hole punch
- Floral foam scrap
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (Duncan Enterprises)
- 1. Paint bottom of pot Country Red and rim Antique White. Cut seven 1”x3” strips from polka dot paper. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to dècoupage strips to rim, overlapping slightly until covered.
- 2. Paint one XXL circle each Country Red, Antique White and Avocado Green. Set aside. Paint one XL circle Country Red and one large circle Antique White. Paint remaining circles Dark Chocolate. Use Super Easy Cutter to cut dowel into 8”, 9” and 10” lengths. Sand edges even and paint Dark Chocolate.
- 3. Apply wax randomly to XXL circles. Paint as follows: Country Red and Avocado circles; Antique White, Antique White circle; Country Red. When almost dry, lightly sand to distress.
- 4. Apply Mod Podge to 18 large circles and six medium circles, one at a time. Place face down on wrong side of patterned papers. Let dry and cut paper edges even with shapes. Sand edges. Cut photos into 2” circles. Dècoupage photos to XL circles.
- 5. Arrange circles for flowers as follows. Glue: one XL circle to one XXL circle; large circles to back of XXL circles; dowel to back of XXL circle and large circles. Let dry.
- 6. Stamp bee on large Antique White circle. Layer onto XL Country Red circle. Arrange medium circles on back for flower. Glue to pot, lying pot on side until glue has set.
- 7. Stamp sentiment on kraft cardstock. Cut out and punch circle on top. Loop hemp through hole and tie onto flower on front of pot. Place floral foam in bottom of pot. Stock ends of dowels into foam and top with filler, if desired.
by Melony Bradley