Découpaged Photo Pots
- Terra cotta pot, 6”
- Wooden heart tag, 2-1/2”
- Inkjet photo paper or copy paper
- Acrylic flat-backed crystals
- Ribbon or fabric of choice, 1”-wide, 14” length
- Jute twine, 3” length
scissors, paintbrushes, foam brush, wax candle, sanding block, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Computer, photo-editing software, scanner, inkjet printer or copier
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Snow White, Boysenberry Pink, Olive Green
- Tiny alphabet stamps and black pigment ink
- Adhesives: DecoArt Americana Decou-page, Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Use scanner to scan photographs and save. Use photo-editing software to convert photos to black and white and to tint photographs if desired. Resize photographs into various sizes ranging from 1” to 4”. Print photographs on inkjet paper (or copy photos onto copy paper). Use scissors to trim photographs as needed.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint pot rim and inside of pot Boysenberry Pink or Olive Green. Paint wooden heart black. Let dry. Use wax candle to lightly rub surface on heart randomly to create wax resist. Paint heart Snow White. When dry, sand surface lightly to reveal distressed finish.
- 3. Use alphabet stamps and pigment ink to stamp sentiment such as “we grow through a mother’s love” or “we love you Mom” on heart. Adhere crystals on heart using Gem-Tac. Set aside.
- 4. Use découpage medium and foam brush to adhere photos to bottom of pot. Overlap photos slightly and vary position. Use fingers to smooth out air bubbles. Let dry.
- 5. Tie ribbon into bow around top of pot. Use jute or string to tie heart tag around knot in bow.
- 1. Create Grandma a photo pot of all of her grandkids for Mother’s Day!
by Melony Miller Bradley