“50 Things” Mini Book
- Recycled playing cards, 52
- Binder rings, 2”
- Manila cardstock
- Red wool felt
- Ranger Tim Holtz Idea-o-logy Findings Numerals
- Vintage brooch
- Prima Marketing Red Sequined Flower Center
- Copper brads, four
- Flat-backed rhinestones, two
- Beige fabric, scraps
hole punch, black marker, ruler
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and Bigz Primitive Hearts Die
- Tiny alphabet stamps and black pigment ink
- Paper trimmer
- Krylon Red Shimmer Leafing Pen
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
- 1. Using paper trimmer, trim cardstock to 50 rectangles measuring 2”x3”. Use black marker to write sentiments about Mom on rectangles; draw outline on edges using Red Shimmer pen. Adhere each sentiment on back of each card (for pages). Let dry.
- 2. For book cover, stamp “mom” and “things I love about you” on cardstock. Trim pieces to 1/4”-wide. Outline edges with Red Shimmer pen.
- 3. Insert copper brads in holes on numeral pieces; flange to secure on book cover using photo as guide. Adhere cardstock sayings above and below numerals. Let dry. Adhere red flower center on “50.” Adhere brooch below bottom of “50.” Let dry.
- 4. Die cut 50 red felt hearts using machine and die. Adhere heart on front of each card (page). Let dry.
- 5. Punch two holes, evenly spaced, along one long edge of page. Position page on back of another card and mark holes for placement of punched holes. Punch holes. Continue until entire deck has punched holes.
- 6. Place front cover through binder rings followed by remaining pages; close rings. Tie fabric scraps around each ring; knot into bows. Adhere flat-backed rhinestones on center of bows. Let dry.
- 1. Scan photos and add to pages to create a fun memory book.
by Melony Miller Bradley