Cute as a Button Baby Samplers
size of stitched area: 6”x7-3/4”; size of finished design: 9”x11”; stitch count: 85 w x 110 h
- DMC 14-count Impressions Aida: Rose or Blue
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Buttons, 5/8”, eight: pink or blue
- Black frame, 9”x11”
Backstitch : 1 strand
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
- DMC tools: Embroidery Scissors; Embroidery Needle, size 10
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric.
- 2. Backstitch leaves with one strand DMC 905 Parrot Green-DK, all lettering except “and” DMC 645 Beaver Gray-VY DK, and “and” DMC 535 Ash Gray-VY LT. Secure and clip loose threads on back of design.
- 3. Attach pink buttons as indicated on chart using six strands DMC 3706 Melon-MD or blue buttons using six strands DMC 959 Sea Green-MD. Knot and clip ends.
- 4. Frame as desired.
- 1. Substitute round buttons with coordinating pink and blue flower buttons.