- Emerald top-drilled leaves, two
- Green Czech faceted glass beads, 3mm, 16
- Emerald faceted beads, 6mm, four
- Green teardrop crystals, 8mm, two
- Beadalon Silver Plated Small Cable Chain, 16 links
- Silver findings: jump rings, 6mm, two, 4mm, eight; vine connectors, four; curved flower spacers, two; headpins, 22; earring wires, two
- Silver wire, 26-gauge
- Pliers: chain-nose, round-nose
- Flush cutters
- 1. Connect vine connector to either side of flower spacer with 4mm jump rings. Attach 4mm jump ring to other end of each vine piece. See Photo 1 and Photo 2. (see photos)
- 2. Open 6mm jump ring and hook onto both vine pieces. See Photo 3. Before closing jump ring, add earring wire, making sure it is facing in right direction. (see photos)
- 3. String all beads except top-drilled leaves onto headpins; turn simple loops. See Photo 4. (see photos)
- 4. Cut 14” wire length. String on leaf bead leaving 1-1/2” tail. Bend wires at side of bead. See Photo 5. Wrap short tail three times around neck of longer wire; trim away excess wire using flush cutters. See Photo 6. (see photos)
- 5. Form loop in wire using round-nose pliers; slip on eight links of chain. Wrap wire down neck to reach trimmed shorter wire. See Photo 7. Continue wrapping down around bead to reach bead hole. See Photo 8. (see photos)
- 6. Wrap wire back up over itself and around neck.
- 7. Open 6mm jump ring at top of earring; hook on wrapped leaf bead. Attach 10 beaded headpins, with smallest on outside and largest on center, with green teardrop crystal on center bottom, to loops on flower spacers. Make another earring to match.
- 1. Experiment with different color combinations of crystal and glass beads.
by Myléne Hillam