Bee Happy Cross-Stitch
“Bee happy, bee helpful, bee thankful” mini beehives make this piece a great gift idea for a friend.
- Wichelt Imports 28-count White Chocolate Linen (76-94)
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- The Gentle Art Sampler & Shaker Thread 6-strand Floss
- Wichelt Imports buttons: Petite Flying Bee (86363), Flying Bee (86321)
Backstitch : 1 or 2 strands
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
Quarter Stitch : 2 strands
Running Stitch : 2 strands
scissors, q-snap or hoop (optional)
- Needles: embroidery, beading
- Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Size of stitched area: 5-1/4"x4-1/4”; stitch count: 74 w x 59 h
- Bee Happy
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. (Note: When stitching with Gentle Art Floss, complete each cross-stitch individually to achieve unique over-dyed look.)
- 2. Backstitch beehives and bees with one strand DMC 310 Black. Backstitch words, bee flying lines, and bee stingers with two strands DMC 310 Black.
- 3. Stitch woven border using two strands DMC 310 Black using running stitch. Stitch over black woven border using three strands DMC 973 Canary-Bright, leaving small amount of thread to create “half-circle” look above and below every black stitch. Knot ends on back of design.
- 4. Attach buttons on “X” marks on chart using DMC 310 Black and beading needle.
- 5. Finish design as desired in frame or as hanging pillow shown.
- 1. To complete the woven running stitch border, cut length of embroidery floss long enough to complete entire border.
by Jennifer Rodriguez for Always Time to Stitch