Winter Delight Wreath
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Blue Haze, Calypso Blue, French Grey Blue, Gooseberry Pink, Graphite, Grey Sky, Midnite Blue, Raspberry, Salem Blue, White Wash
- Royal & Langnickel: Filbert Stencil Brush, Series R1114, Large; Royal Fusion: Shader, Series R3150, #8, #12; Majestic: Filbert, Series R4170, #4; Aqualon: Liner, Series R2595, #1; Oval Wash, Series R2950, 3/4”
- DecoArt Glamour Dust
- Exterior Varnish
- Twine or rope
- Four-season wreath with snowman insert from Patricia Rawlinson
- Various size snowflake stencils
- Zig Silver Liner Pen
- 1. Base wreath front Salem Blue; let dry. Base again; while wet, randomly slip-slap with White Wash and Calypso Blue. Stencil snowflakes; use following colors to stencil dark colors in lighter areas and light colors in darker areas: White Wash, Calypso Blue, and Salem Blue. Use silver pen to randomly stencil small snowflakes. Randomly dry brush some Gooseberry Pink on wreath if desired.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer wording band onto wreath.
- 1. Base wording section Blue Haze. Use Gooseberry Pink to band edges and use mix of White Wash + tch. of Gooseberry Pink to add checks. Stencil random Grey Sky snowflakes and use silver pen to stencil small snowflakes.
- 2. Base words Gooseberry Pink; shade Raspberry along bottom and highlight top with mix of Gooseberry Pink + White Wash (1:1). Strengthen highlight in upper areas with White Wash. Add Midnite Blue drop shadow on left side of letters.
- Snow Lady
- 1. Base Grey Sky; shade French Grey Blue and highlight White Wash. Base scarf and nose Gooseberry Pink; shade each Raspberry. Use dry rub technique to highlight nose White Wash. Add mix of Gooseberry Pink + White Wash (1:1) dots on scarf; highlight White Wash. Line fringe with Gooseberry Pink, Raspberry, and White Wash.
- 2. Base coal mouth and buttons Graphite; highlight Grey Sky. Lightly shade Graphite under coals.
- 1. Spatter wreath surface with thinned Midnite Blue for snow effect; isolate with thinned spatters of White Wash for added sparkle. Use silver pen to outline wreath, 1/4” from outer edges.
- 2. Apply two to three coats varnish on wreath and snow lady. For added sparkle, reapply varnish to desired snowflakes and while wet, sprinkle with glitter.
- 3. Attach snow lady to bottom of wreath; insert twig arms at each side. Use twine or rope to hang wreaths.
by Patricia Rawlinson